TWO directors of Meghan Markle and Prince Harry at their newborn foundation have left their roles, revealed documents.
The most important staff members of the royal couple no longer hold the position of director at the Sussex Royal Foundation, according to documents from the Companies House. The head of the duke and duchess of Sussex Sara Latham and their director Natalie Campbell were appointed as directors in establishing the new foundation. The Sussex Royal Foundation becomes Meghan and Harry‘s main philanthropic and charitable vehicle after their spin-off from the Royal Foundation, founded by Harry and Prince William in 2009.
But removing their names from official documents on August 22, just 53 days after they were mentioned, does not mean that they have been released from the Sussex household according to a royal source.
Speaking with the MailOnline, the insider said that Ms. Latham and Ms. Campbell had only been granted driver status temporarily for legal reasons.
Ms. Latham, a former adviser to the 67th US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, and Ms. Campbell are supposed to retain their role in the household.
This is after Meghan and Harry have hired a new joint private secretary with a brilliant past in diplomacy, an addition to their team that a royal source thinks is “really needed”.
The hiring of former diplomat Fiona Mcilwham was announced two weeks ago and was welcomed by an insider following a series of PR accidents by Meghan and Harry.
They said, “[She] is the safest pair of hands you can get and that’s what the pair really needs.”
On the other hand, American-born Mrs. Latham was appointed in March, following the announcement of the creation of the Sussex household – and the split of Prince William and Kate, Duchess of Cambridge.
The household of Meghan and Harry was formed after Queen Elizabeth II gave her permission.
Their office is now located in Buckingham Palace, under the direct supervision of the monarch.
Buckingham Palace announced the development in a statement: “The Queen has given her permission for the Duke and Duchess of Sussex to establish their household office in Buckingham Palace.
“Their Royal Highnesses will appoint new communications officers who will be part of the Buckingham Palace communications team and report to Donal McCabe, the Queen’s Secretary.
“Kensington Palace continues to support their Royal Highnesses until that team is in place.
“The Queen has agreed to set up a new household for the Duke and Duchess of Sussex after their marriage in May last year.
“The household, which will be established with the support of The Queen and The Prince of Wales, will be established in the spring.
“The Duke of Sussex currently has his own private office, which has since supported the Duchess
The involvement of their Royal Highness in November 2017.
“This long-planned relocation will ensure that permanent support schemes for the work of the Duke and Duchess are present when they raise their families and move to their official home in Frogmore Cottage.”
Meghan and Harry have resigned in recent months, including a bodyguard, their personal assistant Melissa Touabti and two nanny girls.
While the first babysitter who chose their son Archie Harrison is said to have been “fired because he is unprofessional,” it is believed that the second was a temporary appointment exclusively for the four-month-old baby, only at night and at the weekend .
The couple’s former private secretary, Samantha Cohen, also left her role after 17 years with the royal family.
And Harry’s private secretary Ed Lane Fox stopped last summer.
A source discussed the series of layoffs with the Daily Star and said: “It is unusual for long-lasting, loyal members of the inner circle of the Royal Family to fall like flies.
“When it comes to behavioral issues, this duke and the duchess will hopefully redefine both priorities.”